As a Power Systems Electrician you will:
- Install grounding, ducting, pulling & terminating field cables, mounting & installing pre-wired protection and control panels
- Install and maintain electrical power distribution equipment such as transformers, generators, voltage regulators, switches, circuit breakers, capacitors, inductors, and supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) systems
- Install and maintain electrical equipment and apparatus in generating stations or powerhouses
- Inspect and test installed electrical equipment and apparatus to locate electrical faults and check their operation, using volt meters, ammeters and other electrical test instruments and equipment
- Repair or replace faulty electrical equipment and apparatus
- Complete test and maintenance reports.
- Be responsible for managing multiple small jobs through coordinating the effective use of technical staff, equipment and other resources, ensuring jobs are completed to client standards, and enforcing Tesco policies and procedures defined within our Integrated Management System (IMS).
- Provide mentorship, support and learning opportunities to apprentices, as well as hands-on site training on technical procedures
- Contribute expertise to projects involving transformer testing, industrial plant and utility relaying protection, metering schemes, switchgear testing/maintenance, power system design and/or turnkey substations