Tesco is looking for passionate, experienced Substation Engineers who are willing to relocate to Regina, Saskatchewan Canada and work as a subcontractor to Tesco OR as a permanent employee of Tesco. The Lead Station Designer’s primary role is an Owner Engineer function who will be responsible for the completion of the Protection and Control scope of work through the use of the client’s external engineering/construction service providers. The work term is tentatively scheduled for August/2015 – August/2016.
Candidates who are considered subject matter experts in the following areas will be heavily favored. The successful candidate will perform the Lead Engineer role, as well as provide consultancy services on one of the subjects below:
- IEC 61850
- Substation Grounding (via CDEGS)
- High-Voltage Apparatus
The proponent for lead station designer and SME has extensive experience in design, engineering, procurement and construction of high voltage switching and substation projects and is familiar with usual issues and constraints pertaining to transmission construction projects in Western Canada. The proponent has an in depth understanding of various high voltage station configurations and associated protection requirements, selection of apparatus and material to provide a viable integrated solution. The proponent is also expected to have good understanding of cost estimation of various high voltage station options and configurations.
As a minimum, the candidate must fulfill the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Eligible for membership in the Association of Professional Engineers of Saskatchewan or; Professional Engineering Designation (P.Eng)
- 15+ Years of related experience in station and P&C design, procurement, construction
- 5+ Years of related Owner Engineer, Project Management, or Project Engineer functions
- Driver’s License transferable to Saskatchewan
- Shall have good command of the English language (both written and verbal).
- PMP designation is preferred
This is a great opportunity to work with an innovative Canadian utility, and Tesco is offering lucrative compensation packages for the successful proponent(s)! We look forward to hearing from you Lead Station Engineers out there! If you meet the requirements above, please don’t hesitate to contact Dustin Tessier @ firstname.lastname@example.org.